“Low and slow” is the only way to prepare a quality beef brisket. Our recipe is cooked for five hours, resulting in tender meat that can be cut with a fork.
- 1 1 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Beef Brisket
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Basil, dried
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Oregano, dried
- 15 oz 15 oz 15 oz Tomato Sauce, no salt added
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover the bottom of a braising pan with the chopped onion.
- Place the brisket over the chopped onion.
- Sprinkle the brisket on all sides with salt, pepper, basil and oregano.
- Place the brisket in the oven and cook uncovered for 1 hour.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the brisket, sprinkle again with additional salt, pepper, basil and oregano.
- Cover the braising pan with a lid, and cook for a remaining 4 hours at 325 degrees.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week