Balsamic Chicken with a Sweet and Spicy Strawberry Salsa
Succulent, juicy balsamic grilled chicken with a sweet & spicy strawberry salsa that comes together in under 30 minutes!
- 250 gram 250 gram 250 gram Chicken Breast, Skinless, I used 2 large breasts
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Balsamic Vinegar, + extra for serving
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Coconut Oil, Organic, melted and cooled
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Strawberries, hulled and finely chopped
- 0.5 whole 0.5 whole 0.5 whole Red Onion, finely diced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Hot Chili Pepper, finely chopped
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Lime Juice
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place chicken onto a piece of parchment paper and give it a little pounding with a rolling pin (or implement of choice) to slightly tenderize, flatten out and ensure a thinner and more uniform thickness overall which will result in a quicker and more even cooking.
- Pour balsamic vinegar along with coconut oil, salt and pepper into a small bowl (or even just a zip lock bag will work) and give it a little stir/shake to combine.
- Place chicken into balsamic mix and set aside for 15 minutes at room temperature to marinate. (while your chicken is marinating go ahead and grab out the ingredients to make the salsa which we will do while our chicken is resting)
- Place a large skillet or fry pan over medium heat, add a little extra coconut (or olive oil/ bacon fat or ghee/cooking oil of choice) and cook chicken for 2-3 minutes each side until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from heat and set aside to rest while you make your salsa.
- Place all ingredients into a small bowl and stir to combine. FYI - It's fine to make the salsa ahead of time just don't add the lime juice until a few minutes before you are ready to serve as the acidity from the lime juice can cause the strawberries to break down a little after a few hours
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- To serve - Simply place a couple of heaping spoonfuls of your sweet and spicy strawberry salsa onto of your succulent, juicy balsamic grilled chicken, drizzle with a little extra balsamic vinegar if desired and serve with a simple salad or your veg of choice.
- Enjoy xo
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Egg Free Nut Free Poultry Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.