Bacon-y Sweet Potato Hash
If you love hashbrowns, you’ll love the Paleo version. Shredded sweet potatoes are combined with crispy bacon to make a breakfast side dish you won’t want to miss.
- 3 3 3 Sweet Potato
- 5 pieces 5 pieces 5 pieces Bacon
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Lard, or bacon fat
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Peel the sweet potatoes, and grate them on a coarse setting using a food processor or box grater. Set aside.
- Chop the bacon into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat a large Dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat, and fry the bacon. Then, remove it from the pot, leaving the bacon fat.
- Add an additional 4 tablespoons of lard to the pot, and allow it to melt.
- Add the shredded sweet potatoes to the pot, and stir to evenly disperse the fat.
- Cook the sweet potatoes over medium heat, tossing occasionally to cook evenly.
- Add the salt to season and help draw out the moisture from the sweet potatoes. Cook for approximately 15 minutes.
- Near the end of cooking, stir in the cooked bacon.
- Season with a bit of salt and pepper, and serve.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week