Bacon Maple Bourbon Chicken
You have some chicken, pork or even salmon and want to add a delicious, sweet, sticky, smoky glaze? Use this glaze recipe. Just imagine grilling chicken or pork chops for your friends and you add the bacon-maple-bourbon glaze right at the very end, they will be calling you Chef in no-time. Making the glaze ahead of time is also a great idea, just heat it up before you want to brush it on your meats. It will hold up well for a few days in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.
- 6 pieces 6 pieces 6 pieces skin on Chicken Drumstick, can substitute other chicken parts
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp dried Oregano
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Bacon, chopped and cooked
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup free range, organic Chicken Stock
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- preheat oven to 350F
- combine chicken with olive oil, salt, pepper, chili powder, oregano
- place chicken in baking dish or cast-iron skillet
- cook for about 35-40 minutes until cooked thoroughly
- in a shallow saute pan combine all of the ingredients for the maple- bourbon-bacon glaze
- cook down about 5-8 minutes or until mixture becomes thick
- remove chicken from oven and brush with maple-bourbon-bacon glaze
- place chicken back in oven for 5 mins to let glaze reduce down on chicken some more
- Enjoy, and don't eat and drive with these!
Add 1oz. of bourbon or whiskey to glaze!
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week