Bacon Chicken Ranch Casserole
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Baked Spaghetti Squash (click for recipe), large, about 3 lbs
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Bacon
- 1.5 lb 1.5 lb 1.5 lb Chicken Breasts, boneless skinless
- .5 bunch .5 bunch .5 bunch Green Onion, chopped
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Primal Palate Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 12 whole 12 whole 12 whole Sage, whole leaves, optional
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Bacon Grease, optional
- Cook your spaghetti squash, chicken, and bacon using your desired method. When the squash is cooked through, cut across the shorter width and use a fork to remove the squash strands into a bowl. Shred chicken (see note below), chop bacon, and add to squash.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Add green onions, spice blend, and AIP Ranch Dressing to the bowl squash and protein, and combine well with a spatula. Spread into a ceramic baking dish, and place on a center rack in your preheated oven. Cook for 40-45 minutes.
- Garnish with fried sage (optional). To do this, I like to heat a few tablespoons of bacon grease in a cast iron skillet, add the sage leaves, and sprinkle with sea salt. Remove when the sage leaves are crispy, but before they turn brown, and let cool on a paper towel to absorb extra oil.
Shredding chicken is a pain, but the end result is so much better in texture than when the chicken is chopped. I shred my chicken by placing cooked breasts in my Kitchen Aid mixer and running with the paddle attachment on low for about a minute.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week