Bacon and Broccoli Breakfast Pie
A simple and filling egg-free breakfast!
- 6 pieces 6 pieces 6 pieces Bacon
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Cauliflower
- 3 cloves 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Green Bell Peppers, diced
- 8 oz 8 oz 8 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Broccoli, chopped
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp dried Basil
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Parsley
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt and Pepper, to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Slice the bacon into 1/2-inch pieces and place them in a large pan over medium heat.Cook until the fat renders off, about 8-10 minutes.
- While the bacon cooks, chop the head of cauliflower and steam until soft by setting up a steamer basket over boiling water (or use a steamer).
- Remove the bacon from the pan and place on the side. Do not remove the grease from the pan.
- Add the garlic and onion to the pan and cook until the onion is translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the green pepper, mushrooms and broccoli and cook another 5 minutes.
- Place the ground beef in the pan and cook until lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- While the beef cooks, puree the steamed cauliflower in a high speed blender or food processor. Add coconut oil or butter as needed.
- Remove from heat, season the meat and veggies and add the bacon back to the mixture.
- Spread the pie filling in a large round casserole dish, a deep pie dish or a 9x13 glass baking dish. Evenly spread the pureed cauliflower over the top and bake for 20 minutes.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week