Baby Broccoli with Bacon and Garlic
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Bacon, chopped. Make more if you want to eat some while you're cooking.
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Baby Broccolini, or regular Broccoli
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, pressed
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Bacon Grease, or ghee
- This recipe is from Make It Paleo 2
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Sauté the bacon in a large cast-iron skillet or other ovenproof skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove the bacon from the skillet and set aside, leaving the rendered bacon fat in the pan.
- Add the baby broccoli to the skillet and sauté over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add up to 3 Tbsp more bacon fat if needed to keep the broccoli from sticking to the pan
- Once the broccoli has softened, place the skillet in the oven to roast for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, add the pressed garlic and roast for another 5 minutes
- Remove the broccoli from the oven and sprinkle with the chopped bacon before serving
Baby broccoli is also known as broccolini. It is not to be confused with broccoli rabe, which is extremely bitter. Baby broccoli has a flavor similar to regular broccoli, but has smaller florets and longer, thinner stalks. If you can’t find baby broccoli near you, regular broccoli will work just fine in this recipe.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week