Aubergine wheels filled with creamy avocado and bacon and topped with cheese.
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Aubergine
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Avocado
- 6 pieces 6 pieces 6 pieces Bacon
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Full Fat Cream Cheese
- 5 Tbsp 5 Tbsp 5 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Salt and Pepper
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 220C, 425F, gas mark 7.
- Cut the aubergines is thin long slices.
- Cover a baking tray with foil, drizzle olive oil over it and place the aubergine strips.
- Bake the aubergine approximately 15 mins or until soft, but not over-cooked.
- While they are in the oven, cut the avocados in half and spoon the inside out.
- Blend the avocados together with the sour cream.
- Cut the bacon in little pieces and fry them until crispy. Leave to cool.
- Add the cooled bacon to the avocado mixture and season according to your liking. Add the chopped parsley.
- When the aubergine strips are ready, take them out and place one spoonful of the avocado mixture on each strip. After that, gently roll the strip into a wheel.
- Put a little cheese on top of each wheel and return to the oven for 15 mins or until golden.
- Enjoy hot or cold. You can cut the strips and half and make little wheels as appetizers.
You can replace the bacon with lightly grilled cherry tomatoes.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week