I actually prefer this recipe to the original one. It's light and delicious.
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggplant, for lasagna sheets
- Salt and Pepper, to taste (white sauce)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, drizzle for lasagna sheets
- 500 ml 500 ml 500 ml Grass-fed, Whole Milk, (white sauce)
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Whole Cloves, (white sauce)
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, (white sauce)
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Bay Leaf, (white sauce)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, (white sauce)
- 3 tsp 3 tsp 3 tsp Sweet Potato Flour, (white sauce)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 180C, 350F, gas mark 4.
- ufeffPeel the aubergines, cut them in long thin strips and cover them with salt. Leave them to rest in a strainer for 20 mins.
- cover a parchment sheet with a bit of oil and place the aubergine strips. Drizzle a bit more olive oil on top as well.
- Cook for about 15 mins each side, or until soft and golden. They burn easily, so be careful.
- Next, for the white sauce, insert the cloves into the peeled onion. Pour the milk in a pan, add the onion to it and the bay leaves. Bring to boil. Once boiled, remove and leave to cool until it has reached room temperature. Remove the onion with cloves and bay leaves.
- While the milk is cooking, dice the onion and celery and cook them in a pan on medium heat for about 15-20 mins until tender. Add the mince meat and stir constantly until the meat had cooked. Add all seasonings, tomato passata, vinegar and syrup. Leave to simmer till it becomes a reasonably thick sauce.
- In a pan, melt the butter together with the potato flour and slowly start adding the cool milk, while stirring constantly. It will quickly get thicker. Once boiled, remove from heat, add salt and pepper to taste. ufeff
- ufeffIn a baking tray, first pour a bit of the white sauce, then a layer of aubergines and top a layer of mince sauce. Repeat until all the aubergines finish. Pour on top the rest of the white sauce. Grate cheese on top and cook in the oven until the cheese has melted and become golden.
- Once cooked, take out of the oven and cool for 25-30 mins.
You can omit the white sauce if you don't accept milk in your diet.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week