Asparagus with Gremolata
Baked asparagus is delicious with a nice sear and a little salt and pepper. However, the addition of homemade gremolata completely changes the flavor of this dish! Don’t skip out on this component – it really enhances the recipe.
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Asparagus, rinsed and ends removed
- Salt and Pepper, to taste (for the Gremolata)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Duck Fat
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Parsley, finely chopped (for the Gremolata)
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 Lemon, juice and zest only (for the Gremolata)
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, minced (for the Gremolata)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the asparagus in a baking dish, season with salt and pepper, and top with the duck fat.
- Place the asparagus in the hot oven for 5 minutes. Then, remove, stir, and place it back in the oven to cook for another 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to begin the Gremolata, rinse the parsley under cool water, and pat dry thoroughly.
- Finely chop the parsley, and place it in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add the juice and zest of half a lemon, the minced garlic, salt, and pepper to the bowl, and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Remove the asparagus from the oven, top it with the Gremolata, and serve.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week