Asian Steak Salad
When it comes to steak, I usually just want a good grilled rib eye with just a pinch of salt on it. Not so with this tasty steak salad. The marinade for the steak imparts incredible flavor, so to me, the salad is simply a bonus on top of an amazing steak dish.
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp Ginger Root, minced
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes, to taste
- 1 oz 1 oz 1 oz Carrots, shredded
- 1 oz 1 oz 1 oz Radish, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cup 1 1/2 cup 1 1/2 cup Cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 Green Onion, chopped
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 Navel Orange, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 Red Bell Pepper, sliced thin
- 1/8 cup 1/8 cup 1/8 cup Almonds, Slivered
- 10 oz 10 oz 10 oz Sirloin Steak
- 8 8 8 Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sesame Ginger Dressing (click for recipe)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Whisk together marinade ingredients (garlic, ginger root, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, coconut aminos, and fish sauce) and pour over steak.
- Allow steak to marinate 3 hours before cooking.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Grill sirloin steak on high heat for approximately 4 minutes per side, flipping once.
- While letting the steak rest, rinse and chop all vegetables, as well as the orange.
- Toss cabbage, bell pepper, radish, tomato and orange in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Slice the steak thinly (1/8-inch strips).
- Plate salad, and top with strips of the sirloin.
- Add slivered almonds and green onion as garnish.
- Drizzle with sesame ginger dressing and serve.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Egg Free GAPS Salads
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
I absolutely loved this recipe! It was light, crispy and the steak packed it full of flavor. Definitely would recommend!