Artichoke Lemon Pesto Chicken Pasta
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Chicken Breast, boneless, skinless, cubed (or chicken thights if you prefer)
- 1 1 1 Spaghetti Squash, large, cut in half lengthwise (get a BIG one)
- 12-15 12-15 12-15 Artichoke Hearts, cut in half (I used jarred artichokes that were in olive oil for more flavor)
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Organic Walnuts
- 4-5 Tbsp 4-5 Tbsp 4-5 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4-5 Tbsp 4-5 Tbsp 4-5 Tbsp Vegetable Broth
- 2 clove 2 clove 2 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Parsley, fresh
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup fresh Basil
- 1 1 1 Lemon, juice only
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 3-5 cup 3-5 cup 3-5 cup Spinach, optional
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 405 degrees (not 450, stop questioning me)
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise, place cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes or until squash gives when you poke the outside of it.
- Use a spoon to remove the excess seeds then a fork to thread the strings from the squash. To make spaghetti, duh.
- But while the squash is baking, make the pesto and chicken.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat, add a splash of fat and 1 minced garlic clove. As soon as the garlic becomes fragrant, add the halved artichokes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and let cook until slightly browned and tender on all sides.
- Once artichokes are browned, add them to a food processor along with the walnuts, olive oil, vegetable broth, and second garlic clove. Puree until smooth.
- Then add the parsley, basil, lemon, and salt and pepper. Puree once more until smooth. Taste and add more lemon and salt and pepper to your preference.
- Once pesto is done pureeing, add the chicken to the same pan that you sautéed the artichokes in.
- Cook chicken over medium-high heat until browned on all sides. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Once chicken is cooked through, add in about ¼ of a cup of the pesto to the chicken along with the spinach, in the pan and mix well to coat. Cover and let cook for 2-4 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Then add the threads of spaghetti squash to the pan (or a large mixing bowl if you need more room). Mix spaghetti squash, pesto, and chicken all together.
- Serve with some fresh basil on top.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week