Aromatic Grilled Chicken Thighs
This is definitely our new favorite spice rub, and an easy way to make grilled chicken a little more fancy for a weeknight meal (or summer barbecue!)
- 8 8 8 skin on Chicken Thigh, and bone-in
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Paprika
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Mix all of the spices together in a small mixing bowl.
- Rinse the chicken thighs and pat dry so that the skin is still just slightly moist (it will help the spices adhere).
- Liberally dust the chicken thighs with the spice blend, just on the skin side.
- Prepare your grill to moderate heat with a cool spot (indirect heat). If you have propane, keep a burner on low flame or off completely.
- Cook the chicken bone side down for 25-30 minutes, until it is cooked completely. Do not flip to the skin side for more than a moment or two (and closely monitor if you do), because the spices will burn. The chicken should be 165 degrees F (74 C) in the thickest part.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week