Apple Veal Stuffing
It wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without a little stuffing, but what are you to do when the only stuffing options are bread-based? Fret not! This veal-based stuffing is “a meal unto itself” as described by my brother-in-law, Chris, and it’s a very satisfying substitute for traditional stuffing.
- 3 lb 3 lb 3 lb Ground Veal
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Granulated Garlic
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Anise
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Fennel Seed
- 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 24 oz 24 oz 24 oz White Mushrooms, chopped
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Celery, hearts, chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion
- 8 oz 8 oz 8 oz Organic Dried Cranberries
- 6 1/2 oz 6 1/2 oz 6 1/2 oz Water Chestnuts, chopped and cooked
- 4 cloves 4 cloves 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup fresh Rosemary, minced
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup fresh Thyme, minced
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Sage, minced
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Granny Smith Apple, medium
- This recipe is from our cookbook: Gather
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the ground veal with the garlic powder, anise, onion powder, black pepper, fennel seeds, paprika, salt, and cayenne.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, and brown the meat, leaving it slightly under-done. Remove the skillet from the heat, and set the meat aside. When the meat has cooled, place it in the large bowl.
- Add the mushrooms, celery, and onion to the skillet, and cook them until they are tender. Transfer the vegetables from the skillet to the bowl. Add the cranberries, chestnuts, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and sage. Allow the mixture to cool, and refrigerate it overnight.
- Peel, core, and chop the granny smith apples. Then, add them to the meat mixture. For outside stuffing, bake the dish uncovered for the last 30 minutes during the cooking of the turkey.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week