Apple Slab Pie
I love perfectly fluted pie crust with nicely woven dough as much as the next girl, but that's as long as I'm not making it, you know? I love this recipe because it's a step up from an apple crumble but so much simpler than an apple pie. Plus it's sweetened with only a little honey and the natural sugars from locally grown apples
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Tigernut Flour
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 5 whole 5 whole 5 whole organic Apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease an 8"x8" glass baking dish.
- Cut the cold butter into the 3/4 cup tigernut flour and 1/4 cup coconut. Add the 2 TBSP applesauce and salt and mix well. Press into the greased pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute the apples with the 2 TBSP butter, 2 TBSP honey, 2 tsp cinnamon, and 2 TBSP applesauce until tender.
- Stir together 1/2 cup coconut flakes, 1/4 cup tigernut flour, 2 TBSP butter, 1 TBSP honey, 1 tsp cinnamon, and vanilla. in a small bowl.
- Spoon the apple filing evenly onto the crust and crumble the topping over. Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!
You can use lard in place of butter for AIP.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week