Apple Cinnamon Rolls
These cinnamon rolls use apple pieces in place of raisins for a unique fall treat.
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic, divided
- 0.5 whole 0.5 whole 0.5 whole Apple, organic
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Tapioca Starch, plus extra for dusting
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Salt
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Eggs
- 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp Cinnamon, ground
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Sugar
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Maple Butter, optional
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil.
- Dice apple very small and cook in coconut oil until softened, about 5-8 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, and salt. Make a dent in the middle of the mixture and add the 3 eggs to the dent. Use a fork or biscuit cutter to combine until you have lot of small pieces of dough. Knead those pieces into a ball of dough, using your hands.
- Dust a clean work surface and rolling pin with extra starch. Roll out the dough into a square about 1/4 inch thick.
- Melt the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil and brush onto the dough, avoiding a half inch on the side of the dough farthest from you. Sprinkle the cinnamon and coconut sugar evenly on top of the oil.
- Gently lift the side of the dough closest to you and roll into a log. Cut dough in half then cut each of those halves into thirds so you have 6 evenly sized cinnamon rolls.
- Line a small metal baking dish with parchment paper. Place cinnamon rolls in the dish cut side down and bake for 15 minutes.
- Once cinnamon rolls are slightly cooled, melt the maple butter for a few seconds in the microwave. Drizzle this on top of the cinnamon rolls and serve.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week