Apple & Cinnamon Mini Muffins with Maple-Vanilla Almond Butter “Frosting”
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Eggs
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Gala Apple, grated, approx 1 small apple
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract, + 1 tsp for frosting (optional)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup, + 1 tsp for frosting (optional)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, melted and cooled
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Water, lukewarm
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Cinnamon, + extra for serving
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Baking Soda
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Almond Butter, Optional for serving - http://betterwithcake.com/snack/healthy-homemade-maple-vanilla-almond-butter-vegan-dairy-free-paleo-friendly/
- Preheat oven to 175C (350F) - Line a mini muffin tray with paper cases and set aside.
- Place eggs, apple puree, vanilla, maple syrup and coconut oil into your blender and process until well combined. Or you could just pop them in a bowl and whisk by hand if you prefer, Im just lazy 😉
- Add your coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt and process again until well combine.
- Add your grated apple and stir to combine.
- Spoon the batter into your prepared muffing tray (I used approx 1 x heaping teaspoon for each muffin) and bake for 8-10 mins until cook through. The tops will be deliciously golden and should be firm yet spring back a little when lightly pressed and a tooth pick should come out clean or have just a few crumbs attached when inserted into the center.
- Allow to cool for 5 mins in the muffin tray, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely u2013 That is if you can resist inhaling the entire batch as you transfer each delicious little muffin from muffin tray to cooling rack that is. Note - this will be an extremely difficult task. You have been warned.
- To serve - Dollop a heaping spoonful of your maple-vanilla almond butter (or mix 1 tsp of vanilla and 1 tsp of maple syrup into some regular almond butter) on to each muffin and sprinkle with a cheeky pinch of cinnamon.
If you want to make regular size muffins you will need to adjust the cook time to approx 20-25 mins and you should get 12 standard size muffins 😉
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week