Almond Flour Pie Crust
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine wet ingredients (make sure to melt the palm shortening before mixing it into the batter, about 40 seconds in the microwave does the trick).
- Stir wet ingredients into dry.
- Pat the dough into a 9-inch glass pie dish, and bake for 10–15 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven to cool.
Shaping the pie crust takes a little finesse. It takes about 10 minutes to smooth out the perfect pie crust; you want to create an even, thin layer. We will often use freshly ground pecans in place of almond for our pies. The warm flavor of a pecan pie crust is the perfect complement to a pumpkin pie. For this, substitute pecan meal for almond meal in equal amounts.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week