Almond butter, zucchini and cucumber salad
This is a surefire potluck pleaser. I recommend making this in the morning for an afternoon or evening event. Letting it set for a few hours makes for the best flavor. Letting it sit overnight in the fridge is fine, but it will get a bit watered down in flavor with all the water from the cucumbers and zucchini. None the less it is still tasty the next day.
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Cucumber, diced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Zucchini, Spiral, cutting strings into smaller lengths or cut into smaller diced pieces
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Green Onion, sliced white and green portions
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Sesame Seeds
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Honey, Raw
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt, or sea salt, may need more than 1 tsp to help sweat the zucchini and cucumbers
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin, depending on how dry and thick the almond butter, optional
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Spiralize or cut zucchini and cucumbers. Lay out on thick kitchen towel in a single layer and liberally sprinkle with salt. This will help sweat out some of the moisture. Periodically take another towel and blot the sweat off the zucchini and cucumbers, lightly re-salt and let sweat again. Before I add these ingredient to the rest of the recipe. I roll up the vegetables in the towel and give the towel a good wringing. This part of the recipe is crucial to prevent the dressing from getting runny and watery once it is all mixed together. This process takes about 30 minutes and use this time to prep the rest of the ingredients.
- Place sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat. Toss occasionally over medium heat until aromatic and light to medium brown in color. Usually takes 5-7 minutes pending the stove top setting. Once the seeds are toasted set aside to cool.
- To make the sauce, combine almond butter, coconut aminos, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil. This should be a paste-like consistency. The water in the zucchini and cucumbers once all combined will loosen the sauce. If you have really dry almond butter add half a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Combine all the ingredients making sure everything is well coated. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Egg Free Nightshade Free Pescetarian Salads Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.