Almond Butter Pumpkins (Paleo, gluten/grain-free)
These are soft, sweet, and full of flavor. Made with pumpkin puree, almond butter, sweetened with dates, and spiced with cinnamon.
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Almond Butter
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Dates (Medjool), large, pitted
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Almond Meal/Flour
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Flax Seed Meal
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Dark Chocolate
- .125 tsp .125 tsp .125 tsp Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a food processor, pulse together the pumpkin puree, almond butter, coconut oil, dates, vanilla extract and honey until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Add the almond flour, flaxseed meal, cinnamon and salt, and pulse to combine ingredients. Scrape the side of the bowl if necessary.
- Place mixture in a bowl, and freeze for 20-30 minutes.
- Roll chilled mixture into balls, about 1 1/2 tablespoons per ball, then set on a sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze for another 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cut dark chocolate into small squares, then place it on the to of each ball.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl over simmering water (double boiler), then using a wooden stick or a piping bag with a small round tip attached, draw pumpkin faces on each truffle.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week