30 MINUTE PHO (ADAPTABLE FOR WHOLE30 AND LOW-CARB)
- 10 cup 10 cup 10 cup Bone Broth (click for recipe), Beef
- 3 pieces 3 pieces 3 pieces Ginger Root, 3 inches peeled and cut into large pieces
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Green Onion, ends discarded, cut in 2
- 12 - 15 whole 12 - 15 whole 12 - 15 whole black and white Peppercorns
- 8 whole 8 whole 8 whole Whole Cloves
- 6 pieces 6 pieces 6 pieces Whole Star Anise, pieces, dried
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 14 oz 14 oz 14 oz Rice Noodles
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Chicken Breast, cooked, sliced
- Put all of the broth ingredients in a saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil, then uncover and reduce the heat. Let it simmer 30 minutes.
- While the broth is cooking, prepare your noodles. Place the dry noodles in a large mixing bowl and add boiling water to cover. Let sit for 5-10 minutes, until softened to your preference.
- Divide the noodles between 4 bowls.
- Top with sliced chicken.
- When the broth is finished cooking, remove the ginger, scallions, and star anise pieces.
- Divide the broth between the bowls, pouring directly over the noodles and chicken.
- Garnish with lime, basil, mint, chili paste, and bean sprouts
ingredients for finishing Mung bean sprouts Lime wedges Chopped scallions Fresh basil (Thai basil, if you can find it) Sliced jalapeño or (for more heat) finger peppers (optional) notes: If you have time to simmer for a few extra minutes, the flavor will increase from another 10-15 minutes. If your broth gets too concentrated, add water, 1/4 cup at a time, until you are satisfied with the concentration. You can make the noodles and broth ahead of time and reheat them both in the microwave or on the stovetop (place the noodles in boiling water just until softened. It won't take more than a minute or so; just warm up the broth in a pot). For added efficiency, use rotisserie chicken, or make it ahead of time and slice it just before assembling. To make this a low carb and Whole30 recipe, use zucchini, sweet potato, or parsnip noodles in place of rice noodles.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week