An amazing recipe to use up those leftover summer zucchini in the garden. This moist dense cake packs in four cups of zucchini and you won't even know it! This cake is lightly sweetened with figs and maple syrup, and discreetly hiding the secret ingredient that holds it all together, avocado! A soft and moist treat for breakfast, or an afternoon dessert. No frosting necessary.
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Avocado, smashed
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Figs, Black Mission, chopped in half
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Maple Syrup, Pure
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Butter, Unsalted
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Oil, Organic
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Eggs, Pastured
- 4 cup 4 cup 4 cup Zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour, heaping cup
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Flour, heaping cup
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Baking Soda
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Baking Powder
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Vanilla Beans, ground (vanilla bean powder)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Cinnamon, ground
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter an 8x10 baking dish, or line your muffin tins.
- Place scooped out avocado and figs into the food processor. Process for 20-30 seconds until figs are in small bits.
- Add maple syrup, melted butter and oils, and eggs to the food processor. Process for 10-20 seconds until a well blended liquid mixture forms
- Pour this mixture into a large mixing bowl, gently stir in shredded zucchini.
- In a separate mixing bowl, gather all of your dried ingredients and mix with a fork. Add this to the rest of the rest of your ingredients. Gently stir together with a fork and/or spatula.
- Pour out cake batter into your buttered baking dish, and spread evenly with a spatula. Bake at 325 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle, comes out clean.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week