Zoodles and White Wine Lemon Sauce
A light and refreshing meal made with lemon, wine and basil. Perfect for weeknight dinners and summer months.
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Zucchini
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Red Cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Onion, diced
- 3 cloves 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Lemon Juice
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Lemon zest
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Wine, White
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Oregano, dried
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Basil, fresh, julienne
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 200 and place paper towels on a baking sheet. Peel the Zucchini and run through the spiralizer.
- Place noodles on the baking sheet and sprinkle with some salt. Place in the oven while you prepare next step.
- Heat a small pan with some olive or coconut oil. Add 1/4 cup diced onion and saute until translucent. Add the garlic, lemon zest, juice, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Simmer for about two minutes and then add the white wine. Let it simmer on medium high heat until the mixture reduces by half. It will take about 10-15 minutes. Then add fresh basil.
- Pull the noodles out of the oven and take a handful with a paper towel and squeeze out extra water. Repeat with all of the noodles.
- Heat a skillet with oil and add the rest of the onion, cabbage, oregano and the zoodles. Saute until noodles are soft or as your prefer them. About 5-8 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Place noodles in a bowl and top with about 1/4 cup sauce and desired toppings.
*I usually average about two zucchini per a person but that often depends on the size of them. *If you can’t or don’t like cooking with wine than you can use homemade bone broth. I would just put ¾ cup instead of 1 cup of wine. It will yield a different flavor but it is still very good and also very good for you. Optional Toppings for zoodles: Chicken Basil Cherry tomatoes
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free GAPS Nut Free Other Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.