The best salads are simple to make, flavorful and full of fresh in-season ingredients. They are even better if they can compliment any main dish and stand alone on their own. This winter salad is perfect because it is beautiful, full of fresh winter flavors and it comes together easily to make a big bowl of healthy greens that keep you satisfied with each bite.
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 5 Tbsp 5 Tbsp 5 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 4 cups 4 cups 4 cups Kale, Chopped finely
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Brussels Sprouts, ends cut off and shaved into small thin slices
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Honeycrisp Apples, cored and sliced into small bite sized pieces
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Pomegranate, Seeds only
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and let it get good and hot. Add in the sunflower seeds and dry roast them for 1-2 minutes. Add 2 tbsp of balsamic and stir it in with the seeds until it evaporates. As soon as it is gone add the honey and stir for 1-2 minutes. Remove the seeds from the heat once they are toasted and starting to turn a darker brown. Leave them in the pan to cool.
- Chop up your kale, brussels and apple. Toss everything in a bowl.
- Make your dressing by combining all of the dressing ingredients (3 Tbsp balsamic plus the avocado oil, maple syrup, dijon mustard, salt and pepper) in a small bowl and mixing well.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss well.
- Top with the pomegranate and roasted sunflower seeds.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week