Despite the Taco namesake, this isn't even close to being what would be considered a Taco. This recipe more or less exists in the crossroads between typical American tacos and a Frito Pie (often seen at Football games, where chili is loaded into a bag of Fritos). Regardless of the questionable pedigree, this unusual dish is delicious and fun to have at parties!
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Beef
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Primal Palate Taco Seasoning
- 5 oz 5 oz 5 oz Tortilla Chips (Siete Grain-free), Nacho flavor, if available (full bag)
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Iceburg Lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Roma Tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Black Olives, sliced
- 1.5 cups 1.5 cups 1.5 cups Mexican Cheese Blend
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Sour Cream , (omit for dairy-free)
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Hot Sauce (Frank's Redhot), or other hot sauce
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Cilantro
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Prepare all of your toppings ahead of time (lettuce, tomato, olives, lime wedges, etc)
- Brown the ground beef (or your choice of meat) over medium heat. Once cooked through, season with our organic Taco Seasoning.
- For assembly, you can pile the toppings into the bag of Siete chips (though large!) - for ours, we used a brown paper lunch bag, lined with a brown wax bag so that the paper bag didn't get soggy. Worked perfectly!
- Add in the chips first - broken up a bit so you can eat it with a spoon. (If not broken up, you're basically creating nachos). Top with seasoned ground beef, lettuce, tomato, olives, cheese, sour cream, olive oil, hot sauce, a squeeze of lime and sprinkling of cilantro.
- Mix it all up with a spoon, and enjoy!
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week