Verry Berry Summer Crisp
This crisp is very easy to make, and is the perfect summer treat! I like my crisps alone, with no ice cream, but if you prefer yours with vanilla ice cream, go right ahead!!
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Strawberries, sliced and hulled
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Blackberries, sliced down the middle lengthwise
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Blueberries
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Flakes, unsweetened
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Almonds, the shaved/thinly-sliced kind
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Himalayan Pink Salt
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Maple Sugar
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Palm Oil Shortening, Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced]
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to 350 F, and grease an 8x8 inch glass baking dish with palm shortening or butter.
- Place all of the fruit in a medium bowl, and set aside. In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients. Mix in the palm shortening, using your hands, until the mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Layer the berries evenly, on the bottom of the greased pan. Sprinkle the crumble topping on top, covering all the berries.
- Bake your crisp for 30-35 minutes, or until the fruit starts bubbling, and the top is crispy and golden.
- Let the crisp cool for at least five minutes before serving (so you don't burn your tongue off). Serve in bowls, plain, or a la mode (with vanilla ice cream)!
You can use 4 cups of any type of berry you prefer, as opposed to strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries. Either just coconut sugar or just maple sugar can be used- just make sure to use 6 Tbs of it. If you can have dairy, I'm sure grass-fed butter would work great, in place of the palm shortening.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeBaked Fruits Dairy Free Egg Free FODMAP Free Nightshade Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.