This Veggie Chowder is nutritionally loaded and will satisfy your craving with it's savory flavor!
- 4 cups 4 cups 4 cups Broccoli
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Celery, stalks
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, yellow or white
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Carrots
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Leek
- 3.5 cups 3.5 cups 3.5 cups Vegetable Broth, Chicken or bone broth works also
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Coconut Milk, can
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp dried Oregano
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp dried Basil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp dried Marjoram
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt, + addtl to taste
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Black Pepper
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Dice all veggies, keeping the leeks separated from the rest.
- In a soup pot, melt 2 tbs coconut oil on low-med heat. Stir in garlic and saute for a couple minutes until fragrant.
- Add in veggies (except for leeks) and saute for 15 mins, stiring frequently, until they start to become tender.
- In a separate pan, melt 1 tbs coconut oil on medium heat. Saute leeks in this pan, stiring frequently, until they become tender.
- Pour your leeks, broth, milk and all seasoning into a large blender and process until well combined. It should only take about 1 min.
- Once the soup pot veggies have started to soften a bit, pour the broth into the pot and stir well to combine.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer uncovered for 1-2 hours. The longer you allow this to simmer, the more the flavors will develop. If you are adding in chicken or turkey, do this 30 minutes before you are done simmering.
- Store leftovers airtight in the fridge for up to 1 week.
OPTIONAL: Add in 1½ lb cubed cooked chicken or turkey
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week