Vegetable Tian-like with Hamburger
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Tomato, thin sliced, can be any Roma or larger size. I used Roma variety for this recipe
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, quartered and thin sliced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Zucchini, thin sliced. You need one large or 2 medium sized
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Jalapeño, thin sliced, with or without seeds, optional
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Beef, or can use ground turkey or chicken
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Salted Butter, cut into several small pieces, can use unsalted or ghee
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Primal Palate Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Nutritional Yeast, optional
- Thin slice the zucchini, lay out on clean dry dish towel and generously salt. This will help sweat out some of the moisture in the zucchini. While preparing the rest of the meal, periodically pat away the “sweat” with another clean towel. (This will help prevent the zucchini from leaching out too much moisture and diluting the flavor of the rest of the dish).
- Add the crushed garlic and ½ teaspoon of Primal Palate Garlic and Herb seasoning when hamburger is mostly browned. Fry hamburger until all the grease has be evaporated or reabsorbed.
- To assemble- make a single layers of zucchini on bottom of a baking dish, then continue with single layers of onion, tomatoes, hamburger, and the optional jalapeno.
- Place the small pieces of butter throughout the top of the layers and sprinkle the seasoning as desired. Adding nutritional yeast adds a bit more dynamic flavor, however it is optional.
- Cover with aluminum foil and cook for 30 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove foil and continue to cook for another 15 minutes.
I tried different types of casserole dishes. A 9x13 dish works great; also did 2 smaller dishes and had similar results with cooking times. Exchanging ghee for butter can also be done and get delicious results
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week