Vegan No-bake Nanaimo Bars
Enjoy a healthy vegan, gluten-free makeover of this popular Canadian Confectionary! A 10 minute no-bake recipe!
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Almond Meal/Flour, for the base
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder, Organic, for the base
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic, for the base
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup, Pure, 1 Tbsp for the base, 1 Tbsp for the middle layer
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Flakes, unsweetened, 1/2 cup for the base, 1/2 cup for the middle layer
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Cashews, raw, for the middle layer
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract, for the middle layer
- 100 gram 100 gram 100 gram Dark Chocolate, for the top
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Line a 4x6 glass pyrex dish with foil.
- Melt the coconut oil and mix in the remainder of the base ingredients. Mix thoroughly
- Line the bottom of the dish with the base and place in freezer (for 3-5 minutes).
- Blend the middle ingredients thoroughly until they are a custard-like consistency.
- Spread middle layer over base and place back in the freezer (for 3-5 minutes).
- Microwave (or bain-marie) the chocolate at 50% for 2 minutes, stopping every 30s to stir.
- Pour chocolate layer over the top and pop back in the freezer for additional 3 minutes for chocolate to set.
- Enjoy! And if you have left-overs, make sure to leave them in the fridge.
For a great variation - Mint chocolate - sub the vanilla extract for 1 tsp peppermint extract.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week