Vegan Chocolate Eggnog
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Almond Milk, or non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Coconut Milk, full fat
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Cocoa Powder
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 0.75 tsp 0.75 tsp 0.75 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 4 oz 4 oz 4 oz Rum , spiced and optional
- Combine the chia seeds and milk of choice in a bowl and let the mixture set until the seeds have absorbed the liquid. It should take a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Take two tablespoons of the chia mixture and all the other ingredients, except the rum, in a blender and blend on high until mixture is smooth.
- Chill in the refrigerator until mixture is cold. Approximately 4-5 hours.
- Put six ounces of eggnog into a glass and thoroughly mix with two ounces of spiced rum if desired. Top with freshly grated nutmeg and chocolate.
The rum is not necessary in the drink but it really does enhance the flavors. I would highly recommend giving it a try. The chia in this mixture replaces the egg as the thickening agent. If blended at a high spend the chia seeds should be completely dissolved. However, if you are not concerned about the thickness it is possible to make it without the chia. It will not change the flavor of the drink but will change the texture.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week