For this tasty frosting recipe, you'll want to get things started the day before you intend to use it as it sets up overnight.
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Oil, Organic
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Guar Gum
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Maple Syrup, Pure
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Whisk coconut milk, vanilla and maple syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Using a hand mixer, blend in the guar gum slowly until the frosting starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and blend in the coconut oil using the hand mixer.
- Chill the frosting in the refrigerator overnight before using.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Egg Free Frostings & Toppings Nightshade Free Nut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
Tasted very good! Subbed xanthan for guar 1:1 as it was what I had on hand. Had a slightly more “caramel” color, I’m guessing due to the maple syrup I used…in fact I tossed a first batch because I thought I burned it.
Do I let it sit in room temp to make it spreadable after the fridge? Sort of in a dilema now! It tasted good last night after making it though.
Yes! That will help it spread. Also, sometimes if you run a knife under hot water this will help the frosting spread more easily.
Does it make a difference in texture using xanthan instead of guar gum ?
Can I use raw honey or coconut sugar instead of maple? Can I use corse (similar to normal white sugar texture) coconut sugar? Does the frosting taste very coconuty? Thanks
Does the frosting hold up to hot temp eg 87F without air conditioning? It I place the frosted cake in a cooler bag with some ice packs, only take out when serve, will it hold up? How long can I keep the leftover frosting? When I need to frost a cake, do I need to re-whip after leaving out at room temp? Thanks