Vanilla Bean Chia Milkshake
I decided to create a mock vanilla milkshake and it was SO good. The chia acts as a thickener giving the drink a creamy and smooth texture – a lot like ice cream would. You can use vanilla bean or extract with this recipe. However, I will say that the vanilla bean has an amazing flavor. The fresh cinnamon and nutmeg give the shake a hint of “spice” that really compliments the vanilla and coconut milk flavor. You also have the option of using stevia or raw honey. I personally prefer raw honey over stevia any day but if you need a sugar-free option it can be easily substituted. Next time you need a milkshake but can’t do the ice cream then give this a try!
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Milk, Full Fat
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Nutmeg, ground, freshly grated
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 0.5 whole 0.5 whole 0.5 whole Vanilla Bean Pod, see notes
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Honey, Raw, see notes
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole Ice cubes
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
You can substitute 1 Tbsp of vanilla extract for the vanilla bean. For a sugar-free option you can substitute 5-6 drops liquid stevia.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.