Valentine’s Pop Tarts
These adorable pop tarts are the perfect treat on Valentine's Day or anytime you want to show your love.
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Strawberries
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Water
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Almond Meal/Flour
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Oil, Organic, Melted
- 0.33 cup 0.33 cup 0.33 cup Banana, Cooked until soft
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place the coconut oil and banana in a small saucepan over medium heat until the oil is melted and the banana becomes very soft.
- In a bowl mix the almond flour, a dash of salt, and the melted coconut oil and banana mixture.
- Spread the dough on parchment paper.
- Use another piece of parchment paper on top of the dough and roll out with a rolling pin.
- Freeze the dough for 10-15 minutes.
- While that is freezing make the strawberry filling by putting the strawberries and water in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook. 5-8 minutes or until the strawberries begin to break down and become soft.
- Mash them with a fork or you can blend them if you prefer.
- Preheat oven to 350 and remove the dough from the freezer.
- Use a heart shaped cookie cutter and peel the dough around together hearts.
- Put a small amount of strawberry filling (1 tsp) on a heart and place another heart on top.
- Use a fork to gently press around the edges of the heart to pinch the pop tart together.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Roll up the scrap dough and repeat the steps above until all the dough is gone.
- This should make around 12-14 hearts using a small cookie cutter.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week