Turkish Zucchini Pancakes (Mucver)
This vegetable-packed Turkish favorite has been given a healthier, paleo makeover.
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Zucchini, shredded (measure packed cups)
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Onion, shredded
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Coconut Flour
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Dill, fresh, chopped
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Black Peppercorns, Ground Fresh
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Lemon Juice, divided, (.5 tsp for pancake, 1 tsp for sauce)
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs, beaten
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Plain Greek Yogurt, or coconut yogurt
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Mint Leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Granulated Garlic
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Water, (optional; you probably won’t need this if you are using regular/non-Greek or coconut yogurt)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a large baking sheet with a nonstick pad or parchment paper or tinfoil lightly coated with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the zucchini and onion. Add the almond and coconut flours and stir to evenly distribute throughout the mixture. Repeat with the dill, salt and pepper. When everything is evenly mixed, stir in the lemon juice and egg.
- Portion the batter into 3 Tablespoon balls spaced 2 or more inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Use the palm of your hand or the back of a flat spatula to press into a disc about 1" thick.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- While the pancakes are cooking, make the dipping sauce by using a fork or whisk to combine the remaining ingredients (yogurt, spice and lemon juice). If it appears to thick, dilute with water, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, until the sauce reaches your desired dipping consistency.
- Serve pancakes hot or cold alongside a bowl of the yogurt sauce for dipping. Optionally, garnish the pancakes with a dollop of sauce and some fresh mint or dill.
The baking method alone will not create the golden brown crust that makes veggie pancakes so pleasant to eat. To do this without heavy frying, place the prepared patties into a preheated, greased oven-safe pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden on the outside. Then transfer the pan to the oven until the patties cook through.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeNightshade Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free Side Dishes
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.