Tuna Zoodle Casserole
Creamy and comforting with squeaky clean ingredients. Re-invent this American classic packed with veggies and nuts!
- 6 cup 6 cup 6 cup Zucchini, spiralized zucchini, zoodles
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Tuna, Canned, in water, I like Safe Catch
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Vidalia Onion, diced
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Crimini Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cloves 1 cloves 1 cloves Black Pepper
- 0.2 tsp 0.2 tsp 0.2 tsp Rosemary, dried
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Mayonnaise, or homemade
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Broccoli, about one large crown
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Pecans, chopped
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Cashew Butter, Unsweetened
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Water, to mix with cashew butter, to make cream
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- First, make sure you have your mayo and cashew cream ready: you can make this two ways, by mixing your cashew butter and water or by soaking raw cashews overnight and blending with water in a 1:1 ratio.
- Pre-heat your oven to 325F.
- Zoodle your zucchini.
- Lay the zoodles flat on a clean kitchen towel and sprinkle with salt. Let them rest here to they release liquid while you prep the rest.
- Mince onion and garlic, add in to the casserole dish.
- Thinly slice mushrooms and add them to the dish too.
- Open and drain tuna cans, flake the tuna into the casserole dish.
- Add in the salt, pepper, 1 tbsp mayo, mustard, lemon juice and rosemary.
- Mix well.
- Wrap the kitchen towel around the zucchini and squeeze the water out.
- Add the zoodles to the casserole dish and toss to combine.
- Pour in the cashew cream. Gently Mix.
- Cut your broccoli crown into florets and mince them into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Toss with chopped pecans in a bowl and mix with remaining mayo.
- Spread this mix over the top of the casserole.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- It will be toasty on top and creamy inside! Make sure to use a knife to cut your pieces before serving or your zoodles will pull out the whole thing!
Nutrition Info, per serving: Calories: 272 Fat: 20.7 Grams Carbs: 8.1 Grams Protein: 14.6 Gra
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week