Tomato Basil and Ricotta Flatbread
This delicious flatbread recipe is perfect for those who cannot tolerate grains or dairy. If you miss savory bread with herbs and cheese, this is the recipe for you.
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Cassava Flour
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Potato Starch
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Primal Palate Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sugar, Raw
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Water, warm
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Tomato, Cherry, heirloom if available, sliced
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Basil, fresh, sliced
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Dairy-free Ricotta (Kite Hill)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, cassava flour, potato starch, salt, Garlic & Herb seasoning, sugar, and yeast. Whisk to combine evenly.
- Combine the olive oil with your one cup of warm water, and pour over the dry mixture.
- Stir the mixture with a silicone spatula until the water is evenly combined with the dry mixture. This will be a sticky dough, but not a loose batter.
- Gently form the dough into a ball shape with the spatula, cover the bowl with a damp cloth, and place in a warm area for the dough to rise for 20 minutes.
- While the dough is rising, slice the tomatoes and basil.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the dough on to the parchment lined baking sheet, and flatten into a oval shape, this does not need to be exact, and should be about an inch thick.
- Lightly press the tomato slices into the top of the flatbread. Top with the fresh basil, and bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove from the oven, and crumble the Kite Hill Ricotta over the top.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the flatbread from the oven, and gently smooth the ricotta over the top slightly, since it does not melt.
- Place a sheet of foil over the top, and allow to sit for about 20 minutes before slicing.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeAppetizers Coconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.