Tigernut Cassava Brownies
Sweet and delicious, these slightly cakey brownies are egg-free, grain-free, nut-free, and seed-free!
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Applesauce, unsweetened
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Maple Syrup, Pure
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Palm Oil Shortening, Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced]
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 0.666 cup 0.666 cup 0.666 cup Tigernut Flour
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Cassava Flour
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Carob Powder
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Baking Soda
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease an 8 inch my 8 inch glass baking dish with some palm shortening.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the applesauce, maple syrup, palm shortening, and vanilla.
- Add the flours, carob and baking soda and mix well. Spread evenly in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool mostly, slice and serve.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week