The Best Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
This Paleo friendly recipe makes the best gluten free Chocolate Chip Cookies. You’ll never guess they’re allergen free: no nuts, dairy, eggs, grains, refined sugars, or icky fats.
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Maple Sugar, can substitute for coconut sugar
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Vanilla Extract
- .75 cup .75 cup .75 cup Arrowroot Powder
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Tigernut Flour
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Beef, Great Lakes brand Unflavored Gelatin
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Soda
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Cream of Tartar
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Sea Salt
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350. Add a sheet of unbleached parchment paper to a cookie sheet.
- In a large sized bowl, cream palm shortening, syrup, sugar, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk tigernut flour, arrowroot, gelatin, baking soda, cream of tartar, and sea salt until combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and mix well to combine. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool on the sheet for about 5 minutes before sliding off the parchment paper for the cookies to cool. Don't remove the cookies from the paper until they're completely cool, or they'll crumble.
AIP Modification: Replace chocolate chips with raisins.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week