Thai Coconut Cabbage Soup
A delicious and refreshing twist on the classic tom yum Thai Soup! Great for anytime of year.
- 1.75 cup 1.75 cup 1.75 cup Coconut Milk, i use light version
- 1 quart 1 quart 1 quart Chicken Broth, free range
- 1 - 2 pieces 1 - 2 pieces 1 - 2 pieces Green Chilies, red chilies, seeds removed. sliced
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil, or olive oil
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Garlic, minced
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Turmeric
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Black Pepper
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Sea Salt, optional
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces Ginger Root, peeled or 1 tsp ginger root
- 2 - 3 sprig 2 - 3 sprig 2 - 3 sprig Lemon grass (citronella), use end of branches, smashed. Or use 1 tbsp of the lemongrass paste
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Green Cabbage, shredded, or broccoli slaw
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Shrimp, Cooked, or chicken; optional
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Basil, dried, optional
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- First, sautee your cabbage slaw in oil, lime, garlic, and pepper. Set aside. (be sure not to cook all the way).
- Next, in a large pot, bring to boil your herbs, spices, and broth. Let is simmer about 10 minutes then add in your cabbage and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Then add in your coconut milk and another protein you want to add if desired.
- Mix in the your peppers (chiles) and cilantro and serve with siriracha on top (optional). Note --> don't like cilantro? Try using sweet basil instead
For those of you who prefer to buy your broths, I highly recommend using Nona Lims broths!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week