Thai Coconut Cabbage Soup
- 1.75 cup 1.75 cup 1.75 cup Coconut Milk, i use light version
- 1 quart 1 quart 1 quart free range Chicken Broth
- 1 - 2 pieces 1 - 2 pieces 1 - 2 pieces Green Chilies, red chilies, seeds removed. sliced
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil, or olive oil
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Garlic, minced
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Turmeric
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Black Pepper
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Sea Salt, optional
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces Ginger Root, peeled or 1 tsp ginger root
- 2 - 3 sprig 2 - 3 sprig 2 - 3 sprig Lemon grass (citronella), use end of branches, smashed. Or use 1 tbsp of the lemongrass paste
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup shredded Green Cabbage, or broccoli slaw
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Cooked Shrimp, or chicken; optional
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch dried Basil, optional
- First, sautee your cabbage slaw in oil, lime, garlic, and pepper. Set aside. (be sure not to cook all the way).
- Next, in a large pot, bring to boil your herbs, spices, and broth. Let is simmer about 10 minutes then add in your cabbage and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Then add in your coconut milk and another protein you want to add if desired.
- Mix in the your peppers (chiles) and cilantro and serve with siriracha on top (optional). Note --> don't like cilantro? Try using sweet basil instead
For those of you who prefer to buy your broths, I highly recommend using Nona Lims broths!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week