Teriyaki Chicken Skewers (soy-free)
- 4 4 4 boneless skinless Chicken Thigh, sliced longways into strips
- 3 3 3 Green Onion, rough chop for marinade
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Ginger Root, chopped, for marinade
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Pineapple Juice, for marinade
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup No-soy Teriyaki Sauce, Primal Kitchen brand
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Slice each chicken thigh into 3 long strips, place in a ziploc bag. Add in the ginger and green onion.
- In a large liquid measuring cup, combine the pineapple juice, no-soy teriyaki, and coconut aminos. Mix, and then add to the ziploc bag. Move everything around to combine. Seal the top, and refrigerate for approximately 4 hours.
- Heat your grill to medium heat, with a hot zone and a cool zone.
- Skewer two pieces of chicken on each bamboo skewer. Lightly sprinkle the skewers with red pepper flakes for a little heat. You can omit if you don't like spicy foods, or add more.
- Grill the skewers with the handle end over the cool zone and chicken over the hot zone for 2-3 minutes per side, until fully cooked. Medium heat will cook them a little more gently, which keeps the skewers from burning.
- Serve with our new Pineapple Fried Rice recipe!
You can use metal skewers for this recipe, or you can also just cook the chicken pieces in a pan on the stove.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week