Teriyaki Chicken Skewers (soy-free)
These Teriyaki Chicken Skewers are surprisingly easy to make, and a super tasty companion to our Pineapple Fried Rice. Together, they are the perfect fix for takeout if you are missing it. Make extra, because it will go quickly!
- 4 4 4 Chicken Thigh, boneless skinless, sliced longways into strips
- 3 3 3 Green Onion, rough chop for marinade
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Ginger Root, chopped, for marinade
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Pineapple Juice, for marinade
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup No-soy Teriyaki Sauce, Primal Kitchen brand
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Slice each chicken thigh into 3 long strips, place in a ziploc bag. Add in the ginger and green onion.
- In a large liquid measuring cup, combine the pineapple juice, no-soy teriyaki, and coconut aminos. Mix, and then add to the ziploc bag. Move everything around to combine. Seal the top, and refrigerate for approximately 4 hours.
- Heat your grill to medium heat, with a hot zone and a cool zone.
- Skewer two pieces of chicken on each bamboo skewer. Lightly sprinkle the skewers with red pepper flakes for a little heat. You can omit if you don't like spicy foods, or add more.
- Grill the skewers with the handle end over the cool zone and chicken over the hot zone for 2-3 minutes per side, until fully cooked. Medium heat will cook them a little more gently, which keeps the skewers from burning.
- Serve with our new Pineapple Fried Rice recipe!
You can use metal skewers for this recipe, or you can also just cook the chicken pieces in a pan on the stove.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Egg Free GAPS Nut Free Poultry Shellfish Free Specific Carbohydrate Diet
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.