Soft and moist, this cake is the perfect accompaniment to your afternoon tea with a big dollop of strawberry jam.
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Eggs
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Jasmine Rice, RICE FLOUR!
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Tapioca Starch
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Unsalted Butter, melted but not hot
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lemon zest, finely grated zest
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Pure Vanilla Extract, 1 drop
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Organic Cocoa Powder
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- ufeffPreheat oven to 150C, 300F, gas mark 2.
- Grease your cake form and cover it very well with rice flour.
- Mix the rice flour, tapioca flour and baking powder in a small bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, whisk the eggs with the sugar in a separate bowl for about 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Start adding the butter slowly.
- Afterwards add the yoghurt, the flour, lemon zest and vanilla.
- Add half of the mixture to your cake tin. Then sprinkle the cocoa on top and using a knife make swirls with it. Add the rest of the cake mixture on top.
- Bake them for 35 minutes and if it looks like it might burn, put a layer of greaseproof paper on top of the baking tray.
- Take out of the oven and let it cool.
- Use a sharp knife to go around the edge of the tin, to make it easier for the cake to come out. Put a plate on top and turn it around. Shake a bit till the cake comes out.
- Serve with a good cup of tea and strawberry jam and enjoy on a gloomy day.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week