- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Tamarind Paste, (see notes for making this from scratch)
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2.5 Tbsp 2.5 Tbsp 2.5 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Onion, diced
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, pressed
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lime, zest
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Chicken Leg Quarter
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Tin Star Cultured Ghee
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Cilantro, garnish, optional
- If you are making the tamarind cooking paste from scratch, do that first (See recipe notes for how to do that).
- Stir together all the marinade ingredients (everything except the chicken, ghee, and cilantro).
- Marinade the chicken with the sauce, refrigerated, for a few hours, ideally overnight (though not necessary).
- Heat your oven to 375 F. Melt the ghee in an oven-safe grill pan over medium high heat. Sear the chicken 4 minutes per side, then place in the hot oven.
- Roast for 30 minutes, until it hits 160F internally.
- Serve with a garnish of fresh cilantro leaves, along with your choice of side (we recommend Curry Rice).
To make Tamarind Cooking Paste from scratch: shell and devein 12-15 tamarind pods. Discard shells and veins. Boil for 10-15 minutes until soft. Using a strainer and a spoon, push the soft tamarind fruit through the strainer. Discard seeds and other tough bits.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week