Tahini, Walnut and Caramelized Onion Chicken Salad
- 5 oz 5 oz 5 oz Chicken Breast, Skinless, shredded
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Walnuts, Organic, chopped
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Vidalia Onion, caramelized (see notes for slow cooker method) and chopped
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Tahini
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Water
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Black Peppercorns, Ground Fresh
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Chili Powder
- In a medium bowl, toss together the chicken, walnuts and onions and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini and water, until the tahini reaches a thick, yet pourable consistency. It should not be running, but should not be paste-like either. You may need to add an additional Tbsp or so of water if your tahini is from the bottom of the jar, and less water will be necessary if your tahini is from the top of a fresh jar.
- Stir the salt, pepper, garlic and chili powder into the tahini mixture.
- Pour the tahini mixture over the chicken mixture and gently stir until evenly distributed.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
To make the chicken in the slow cooker: Place 3-4 breasts (4.5 oz total) in a single layer, fill with water until the breasts are about half submerged, and season the breasts with salt and pepper before cooking covered on low heat for about 6 hours or until the fat has rendered out and the breasts fall apart in your hands. Then use your fingers or a fork to shred them. Method to make the onions in the slow cooker: http://acleanbake.com/slow-cooker-caramelized-onions/ Yield: Approximately 1 1/2 cups
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week