The tahini sauce is a mixture of tahini paste (sesame paste), lemon juice, garlic, cumin and water. By adjusting the amount of the water, it get a rich creamy texture and served as a dipping sauce, or a thinner texture and served as a creamy sauce drizzled over grilled meats, salads or grilled vegetables. As dip it can be served as a paleo diet alternative to hummus. It is ideal for those with intolerance to dairy products or following a paleo diet.
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Tahini
- 5 - 6 Tbsp 5 - 6 Tbsp 5 - 6 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Water
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a food processor or high speed blender, add the tahini and about half cup water. Pulse a couple of times to incorporate the ingredients.
- Add the lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper and pulse a few times until you have a smooth creamy paste.
- Add water gradually and pulse after each addition, until you get the desired consistency. The amount of one cup of water to one cup pf tahini gives a hummus like texture to the sauce. If you would like to have a thinner sauce (e.g. to drizzle over grilled meats or a salad) then you need to add more water.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week