Nothing says you can’t still enjoy taco night when you live a grain-free lifestyle! This recipe takes classic taco flavors and deconstructs them to create a deliciously fresh salad. Enjoy this meal for lunch or dinner any day of the week!
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Avocado, chopped
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Bison
- 1 1 1 Red Bell Pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Cilantro
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Red Onion, julienned
- 10 10 10 Tomato, Cherry, sliced in half
- 8 cup 8 cup 8 cup Lettuce, Spring Mix Salad Greens
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Buffalo Sauce
- 1 1 1 Lemon, juice
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Brown bison in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once bison is no longer pink, top with seasonings and stir until meat is evenly coated in spices.
- Remove seasoned meat from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Rinse, dry, and prepare all vegetables.
- Plate 2 cups lettuce per serving, and top each plate with red bell pepper, red onion, cherry tomatoes, ground bison, avocado, cilantro, freshly squeezed lemon, and a drizzle of buffalo sauce.
You can also substitute the bison for ground turkey, beef, or pork if you desire. Another great option would be to top this salad with guacamole instead of the chopped avocado.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
What are the seasonings?
I use cumin, oregano, salt and pepper and it tastes awesome! I also sub ground beef or pork too.
In Make It Paleo they use 1 tsp of each: smoked paprika, garlic powder, cumin, chipotle and black pepper. 🙂
What’s the recipe for the Buffalo Sauce?
Click “Buffalo Sauce” on the ingredients listing and it will pop up!