Sweet + Tangy Pork Lettuce Wraps
I love an Asian inspired dish once in a while and lettuce wraps have always been a favorite. The autoimmune protocol can make it a bit tricky to create an amazing sauce but I think you guys are really going to love this one. It's sweet and tangy and all around perfect! Don't let the number of ingredients scare you. I promise this is an easy, fast recipe that can be thrown together on a busy weeknight. I used pork but you can easily substitute chicken or turkey or even veggies if you want to make it meatless.
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Iceburg Lettuce
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Carrots, Small size head
- 0.25 head 0.25 head 0.25 head Red Cabbage, Small size head
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Mango, Sliced
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Mint Leaves, Chopped
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Cilantro, Chopped
- 0.5 whole 0.5 whole 0.5 whole Red Onion, Chopped
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces Ginger Root, 1 inch piece
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, Finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Orange Juice
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Pork
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Wash iceberg lettuce and cut into quarters. Peel leaves off to create wraps. Set aside.
- Wash mango and cut into cubes.
- Peel and chop red onion. Set aside.
- Peel and julienne or thinly slice carrot and set aside.
- Wash and chop mint and set aside.
- Wash and chop cilantro and set aside.
- Peel and finely chop ginger and garlic clove and set aside.
- In a separate bowl add honey and warm just until it becomes a liquid. Add vinegar, coconut aminos, sea salt, ginger, garlic and orange juice. Mix well to combine. Set sauce aside.
- In a skillet add olive oil and meat. Break up meat and stir continually until it is half cooked. This should take about 5-10 min.
- Add onions and cook an additional 5 min. Stir every minute or so.
- Add sauce, mix well and cook another 5-10 min or until meat is browned and sauce starts to thicken. Stir every few minutes.
- To serve place a spoonful of pork on top of a lettuce leaf and top with cabbage, carrot, cilantro, mint and mango.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week