Sweet Potato Salad with Bacon (AIP)
An AIP Friendly Recipe for a cold sweet potato salad with bacon, perfect for cookouts, get togethers and summer parties!
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Sweet Potato
- 6 pieces 6 pieces 6 pieces Bacon
- .5 whole .5 whole .5 whole Yellow Onion
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Celery
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Garlic Powder
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Sea Salt
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp ground Ginger
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Peel your sweet potatoes and cube them. In a large pot, cover the sweet potatoes with water and cook on medium heat until they are just soft enough to be punctured with a fork.
- Don\'t over cook them.","In a medium pan cook your bacon until crispy and set aside to cool.
- In a food processor combine our onion, celery and garlic and blend until well chopped.
- Combine the sweet potatoes, celery, onion, and garlic.
- Crumble your bacon on top.
- In a small bowl combine your olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup and spices and stir well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, toss to coat and chill before serving.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week