Sweet Potato Fries with Rosemary Salt
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Sweet Potato, sliced (about 1 cm in width)
- 500 gram 500 gram 500 gram Lard
- 2 sprigs 2 sprigs 2 sprigs fresh Rosemary
- 3 tsp 3 tsp 3 tsp Sea Salt
- Heat the lard in a large pan or wok over a high heat until melted and starting to bubble.
- Add the sweet potato and turn down to a medium heat.
- Cook until the sweet potatoes have started to crisp up and brown all over.
- Remove from the oil and place on some kitchen roll to get rid of excess oil.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking place the rosemary and salt into a pestle and mortar and grind together.
- Plate up the sweet potato fries and serve with the rosemary sea salt and your favourite condiments for fries.
Always be careful when deep frying in lard. Keep any leftover rosemary salt in a sealed container to use for another time. It should keep in a cool, dry place for a few days.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week