Sweet Potato Egg Boats
Perfectly cooked egg nestled in a soft and tender baked sweet potato finished with a sprinkling of salty feta, some fresh cilantro and a cheeky splash of hot sauce.
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Sweet Potato, Baked
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Feta Cheese
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Cilantro
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Hot Sauce / Wing Sauce, Tessemae's
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to 175C (350F) line a baking tray with baking/parchment paper and set aside. If you haven't done so already, first you will need to cook your sweet potato by your preferred method - I simply pierce the outside with a fork a few times, season with salt and pepper and place on a baking tray line with foil or baking/parchment paper and bake at 175C (350F) for 30-40 mins until tender. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your potato. You could just do it in the microwave in a pinch but I much prefer the oven baked it just tastes soooo much better.
- Once you have you cooked sweet potato, slice a little off the top and scoop out enough flesh to make room for your egg and place onto your prepared baking sheet. You can either eat the filling as a chef snack or set it aside to serve with another meal.
- Crack your egg and carefully pour into the cavity you just created in the center of your sweet potato then place into the oven for 8-10 mins until the egg is cooked to your liking. For those of you who like a super runny yolk I suggest you keep the the yolk aside until the egg white is almost set and then add the yolk for the final minute of cooking time. That way you are guaranteed a soft and creamy, deliciously buttery, runny egg yolk.
- To serve, sprinkle with feta, cilantro and finish with a dash of hot sauce and a whole lot of freshly ground black pepper.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeBreakfast Coconut Free Nut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.