Sweet Potato Avocado Toast with Cilantro Mayo (AIP Friendly, Egg Free)
I've finally found the AIP replacement for Avocado Toast! These crispy sweet potato slices are the perfect replacement for anyone following the Autoimmune Protocol diet. Crispy sweet potato slices spread with egg free cilantro mayo, topped with turmeric onions, avocado, and radishes, these simple toast slices are just what you're looking for to replace your non-AIP avocado toast habit.
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole White Sweet Potatoes
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Yellow Onion
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Avocado, 2 for Avocado Toast, 1 for Cilantro Mayo
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Radish
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Tallow, divided
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Turmeric Powder, divided
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Ginger, ground, divided
- .5 bunch .5 bunch .5 bunch Cilantro, stems removed, reserve 1 Tbsp for garnish
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sea Salt, divided
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Horseradish, optional, but encouraged for spice
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Lime
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Scrub the sweet potatoes clean and slice lengthwise, about 1/4 inches thick (use a mandolin if you have one).
- Add sliced potatoes to a bowl and mix with 1 Tbsp. tallow, 1 tsp ground turmeric, and 1 tsp. ground ginger. Add sea salt to taste (I used about 1.5 tsp.)
- Peel onions and slice very thin.
- Add to a bowl with remaining tallow, turmeric, ginger, and sea salt.
- Arrange potatoes and onions on individual baking sheets, and place in preheated oven with potatoes on the top rack. Bake for 20-25 minutes, rotating the sheets about halfway through. Remove when both the onions and potatoes are golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- While they're cooling, slice avocados and radishes finely.
- Make a batch of Cilantro Mayo by peeling and slicing 2 avocados and place in a blender with 1/2 bunch of cilantro, coconut milk, juice of limes, and 1 tsp sea salt.
- Blend Cilantro Mayo ingredients until smooth. Store Cilantro Mayo in an air tight container in the fridge for several days to maintain freshness.
- To assemble Sweet Potato Avocado Toast Bites, start by spreading a thin layer of Cilantro Mayo on top of a crispy sweet potato slice.
- Top with a couple of thin slices of avocado, sliced onions, radishes, a sprinkle of sea salt and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Eat in one bite - the onions slide off if you don't!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week